HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Hello from Georgia!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
AmpTrooper

PostSubject: Hello from Georgia!   Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:14 pm

Howdy,
Thought I would join up with y'all ! I like the idea of the Christian Mandos!
Well, I am 34 years old with 4 kids and a beautiful wife. I lost my right leg (below knee) in a motorcycle accident.
The lord has taken this tragedy and turned it around for good. I currently run an amputee support group in middle GA. The only amputee support group. I also have a website where I design t-shirts for amputees, All the money goes to the Barr Foundation to help get people in need prosthetic devices. www.zazzle.com/coreycola
I got a job as well working at a Prosthetic clinic with a great Christian boss! Also, I am a Stormtrooper with the 501st and I have my prosthetic leg showing. I call it the AmpTrooper. Soon I, with some other 501st friends will be heading to amputee clinics in the hospitals and to some camps for handicap children. I am also a sabersmith. www.imperialroyalarms.com
Umm, I am the Wednesday day worship leader at church. I think God is awesome! And I have nothing but praise and thanks giving in my heart!
Thank you for taking the time to start a place like this where we can speak freely of our love for Christ without ridicule!
God bless you!
Ret' ner vod
Corey
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.imperialroyalarms.com
Ky'ram Parjai'Kote
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Georgia!   Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:12 am

Welcome AmpTrooper! I'm sorry about your accident, but, as you said, the Lord will turn anything around for good.

And if you want an explanation of how this site came to be, here you go:

I had noticed that there were a lot of Christians on Mandalorian forums and such, and we were gaining members (the ones that are on the forum are about half of us) quickly. So I, along with two other people, made the original site, christianmandomercs.webs.com. It went fine until one day, when I couldn't log on. I figured the site needed reshaping, so I made the site you see today. Since then, about four months ago, we have grown to include a devotional hub, and a group on Google Groups.

Ret, ner vod!

~~KPK~~
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://christianmandos.heavenforum.com
AmpTrooper

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Georgia!   Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:13 pm

Thank you for the welcome! It does not appear that the site is used much. That is kind of a bummer.
Maybe I can help to re spark this site a bit. Or is there another place where you tend to communicate more. Such as google and so on? I know my daughter wants in and if your not opposed to 501 TKs and such then as long as something is going on here I would imagine that they may want in as well. I plan on doing more posts here from now on.
I really like the idea of mixing our love for Christ with costuming and Star Wars!
Back to top Go down
Ky'ram Parjai'Kote
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Georgia!   Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:53 am

Yeah, pretty much the only people that post much are me, Sushiri Vhetin, and Jai'galaar Bralor.

And we accept anyone!

I try to communicate with everyone, but what I need to do is a chatbox...

Jai knows something about that...right, Jai? Right? Right?!
Back to top Go down
phantom1007

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Georgia!   Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:01 pm

Guess i should give ya an intro huh? Well here goes. Not really a mando but I saw Amptroopers post on the Ga 501st fourms and thought I would come on over and check it out. Like the idea of having a fourm to talk about God and Star Wars. Very Happy Well lets see I live in Cochran Ga married have 2 kids and attended church as often as I can as I have to work Sunday nights. Im not as close to the good Lord as i would like to be but I give it a good try. I work for Frito Lay and currently the Senior 3rd Shift Receiving Tech. Almost got 15 years in. Cool Im the easist TI to spot in the GA Garrison. Im the one with the mirror lenses in my helmet. Memeber of the Ocmulgee Squad. The Squad leader bought and did most of the armor for me as either birthday or christmas presents. But of course we have been friends for over 20 years too. lol! So its not like I could say no when he did all that. So I suited up for my first event at the Air Museum in 08 and have been hooked ever since. I have brought many smiles to kids and made a couple run away in fear. But its all good. Cuz If I can make one kid feel better and forget about what he or she is hurting from or just make them smile for a day its all worth it. So I say bring on the heat the cold and the rain and MAY THE LORD BE WITH YOU!!!

TI9619
Shane
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AmpTrooper

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Georgia!   Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:23 pm

Great to see ya here! Are you going to make it to the Lane Orchards event this weekend?
I think our walk with God is constantly an uphill battle as the world tries more and more to bring us into their misery and convince us that their misery is
good and even fun. Reading the word helps to put a hedge of protection around us even if we think it is boring and were not getting anything out of it, we are and it does show in our lives. That is one that I struggle with a lot. And I am a worship leader! Most people think the leaders of the church have it all figured out and we read our Bible everyday and spend hours prying and so on. I tell people all the time "look I am fighting the same battle you are and I am no more holy or righteous then anyone else". But, I am working on it. Some one asked me once why Christians think they are so much better then everyone else. I said " We don't. We are just big fat sinners to. The difference is we know who to go to for help! And, what your seeing that you are mistaking for stuck-upness is that he does help us. It makes us feel good to know that he loves us and you so much that he gave his own human life so that you and I could be forgiven".
Sorry, just have have that stuff on my mind as I am having a scientific battle on FB with an atheist with MANY misconceptions.
Back to top Go down
Ky'ram Parjai'Kote
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Georgia!   Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:47 pm

I...I...that was...poetic!

Hello, Phantom (is that an alright nickname?)! I see Amp's (is that a good nickname for ya, AmpTrooper?) advertising worked already!
Back to top Go down
AmpTrooper

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Georgia!   Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:15 am

Yep, that is what they call me. Even out in the real world. Well, really only the 501st and the Mandos call me that. And usually only when the armor is on. I like to keep myself distanced a bit from the AmpTrooper. It is funny because when I see pictures of the AmpTrooper I just don't see me.
I see him! Is that weird ?
jocolor
Back to top Go down
phantom1007

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Georgia!   Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:34 am

Yes, Phantom is fine. Its something I have used for years on my games. Cuz usually I come out of nowhere like a phantom and take you down. Least till I got old and had kids and my son now schools me on a regualr basis. Laughing

Yes, should be at the Lane packing event. Unless something I don't know about comes up. I think my wife will be bringing the kids with her too. Very Happy

I think Im going to stir the pot and of on the offensive in the GA Boards. They have a Darkside area where they talk about everything all the way up to half naked women. So I was thinking why not have a LIGHT SIDE and talk about everything including GOD!!! What ya think?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AmpTrooper

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Georgia!   Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:25 pm

Not a bad idea! I did something similar on FX sabers forum ( forum for sabersmiths and saber fans). They have a general topic area that has a relieve your stress topic. So I came up with, The Good News Cafe! It has a double meaning! sunny
Did I troop with you at the Laser Tag place in ATL? I have a hard time matching everyone with their forum names.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Georgia!   

Back to top Go down

Hello from Georgia!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Off-topic, Real-life, Etc. :: Introduce Yourself!-
Jump to: